Amazon vendor good practice – what to remember?
As you probably know, Amazon continues to be the most popular e-commerce platform among the sellers worldwide. Running your online business, it is worth to know some tips that will allow you to grow but also to stand out on one of the most competitive Internet markets. Check how to avoid some common mistakes and to be more successful as an Amazon seller.
How can I optimise my products listed on Amazon?
When releasing a product on Amazon, you should have in mind several rules that will help you to stand out. We have listed them for you.
- When releasing a product, remember to use a legit EAN barcode that you can purchase in our shop (link).
- Assign a unique EAN barcode to each of your products.
- In the title, details as well as in the description field of your listing enter key words of a given product group, i.e. words that a potential consumer will use to search for your product.
- The title of a listing should be clear, contain not more than 100 characters, and indicate brand, line, model number, product type, size and colour (if applicable). If your product comes in a package, enter the package content in brackets.
- Consumers buy with their eyes—hence, product images should truly reflect the appearance of an item. We strongly recommend to use white, clear background while preparing product images. There should be no other items visible on the image that are not part of the offer. In case of a package try to show its entire content.
- The devil’s in the detail—write detailed, accurate and credible descriptions of your products.
- Keep an eye on your competition—be sure to check how your competitors sell products from the same category.
- Track reviews and ratings—it is really important. Consumers tend to buy from trusted sellers, so look after the quality of your services.
- Feedback is a gift—contact your customers that gave you a bad review, and ask them what was wrong. Avoid those mistakes in the future.
- Refrain from using .com, .biz, .in, .org and similar endings in the name of your business on Amazon.
- When creating the description, avoid expressions that could be regarded as promotional information. It is the violation of Amazon rules which could exclude you from the market.
- Product images should be free of information about special offers or discounts, such as ‘sale’ or ‘20% off’.
- Your product page should not contain any links to other websites. Directing traffic is strictly forbidden on Amazon.
- Be honest—list real products only, i.e. true to their actual state, and do not issue false sales’ documentation—otherwise, you can face some serious problems with Amazon.
- If a product is not available, remember to change its status.
- Do not use special characters in the title and the description, such as &!@#$%, unless they are part of your brand or product name.
- A good practice is to write numbers in form of digits (not in words), e.g. ‘5’ instead of ‘five’.
Why so many rules?
Amazon is the most popular marketplace in the world. It owes its popularity to the reliability and diversity. Being part of this huge group, you have to be compliant if you want your online business to be successful. But keep your chin up! The rules mentioned apply to all product groups. You only learn them once, and then you can use them while creating all your future offers. In case of any questions, feel free to contact us. We are here to help!